Saturday, January 7, 2012

Our Father who is in heaven,

     Tonight I'm coming to You to ask that You bring a great movement, a quickening of our faith.  There are so many people in this world who need to hear from You.  So many who need to see You intervene in their lives and situations.  As You well know, Lord, there are too many people who claim to be religious and even people who claim to follow You and they neglect Your word, they neglect Your salvation, and to give You the honor, praise and worship due You.  I pray that You will quicken our faith in You, Jesus.  I pray that we would put You first in everything we do.  And consider You as we make decisions, both big and small.  I pray that You would spur our hearts to return to Your church.  And that You will open our hearts to receive Your teaching.  Lord, I pray that those of us who call upon Your name, including myself, would realize that we are saints and should conduct ourselves accordingly.  I know that we, who call upon Your name, aren't bound by "rules" and "religion" but we are free to live!  Free to live for You not trying to keep the Law in our own power anymore.  If You will just remind us of who we are, and what You have done for us out of Your own love and mercy toward us You have shown us grace and forgiveness, we would want to live righteously before You.  Please remind us all of You.  I love You, Jesus.

Amen

2 comments: