Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Prayer For My Dad

Dear Lord Jesus,

     Tonight I want to lift my dad up to You.  Please heal him.  You know what he's going through.  Please touch him and heal him.  I know that he knows You as his Lord and Savior.  I'm not worried about where he will spend eternity.  I am however scared that You may call him to be with You which would devastate not only mom, but me and my brothers and sisters.  I know that being with You would be much better than being here any longer.  But can I just be real with You for a minute, God?  Right now I'm feeling pretty scared and selfish.  I don't want to lose my dad.  Not now.  Not yet.  I know I probably will never be "ready" to lose him, or any other family member for that matter.  But I haven't even seen my parents this year yet!  Please help me to go down and visit soon.  Please help my dad, mom, brothers, sisters, nieces and nephews get and stay healthy for a good long time.  Lord, I will love You, serve You, and praise You through everything no matter what the outcome may be.  But I ask You - even beg You - please let us keep him with us here for now.  Please grant me this.  You know how much my parents mean to me.  Please do not take them away just yet.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment