Monday, March 3, 2014

A Prayer for Guidance

Lord God,

     First, I want to start by thanking You for bringing me safely this far.  Thank You for all the many blessings You've given to me.  Thank You for bringing my friends and family through everything they have been through as well.  Thank You for being with us not only in word but in deed.
     Lord, I need help.  You have been so good to me, but I feel that I have been misrepresenting You.  As You know, I have been doing my best and standing up for what I believe, but in all that, I think I have been missing the mark set by love.  Help me to show more love.  You know how much I love, but help me to spread that love and show that love to those around me.  Help me learn to fight my battles with the weaponry of love rather than being defensive and even offensive with my faith.  Help me share my faith with those around me even just through my life and conduct.  Polish the mirror of my soul so that I may reflect more of You, Lord Jesus.  Let Yourself be seen in me.  I know many people around me need to hear Your Gospel.  And many more, non-believers and believers alike, need to experience Your love flowing from Your church.
     There are so many of us that have forgotten what it means to love and became too busy pointing out and discussing what is wrong with the world.  We have become more focused on the problems and less focused on the solution, which is You - our Savior.  Help us re-prioritize our lives.  Help us to shift our focus to who/what really matters.  Jesus, help us be more like You.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment