Saturday, December 21, 2013

Create in me a clean heart

Dear Jesus,

I feel horrible.  All I want to do is to live a life that is pleasing to You.  And I know that is a good thing.  But lately, I have become more and more aware of the bitterness towards loved ones because they do not know You as I do.  Confusing right?  Lord, how am I supposed to show them who You are and how much You love them when I hold onto this bad baggage that separates us?  I know I can't.  Lord help me!  I do not want to feel this way toward them, or anyone else, anymore!  I want to love people as You love them.  I want to be a reflection of who You are.  I know that will make some people uncomfortable.  After all, that has been my excuse for harboring this bitterness for so long... I have just been telling myself that it was not bitterness, it was just a distance created by lives going separate ways.  I have been shutting myself away from those You love and want to have a good relationship with, all the while telling myself that I was just "cutting out ungodly relationships from my life".  That may have been what I started doing, even with good intentions, but I now know that I have taken it too far.  Lord, I need Your help to redeem the time and restore these broken relationships.  Help me to love as You love.  Help me reach out seeking forgiveness and reconciliation with those I have alienated for so long.  I love You, my Lord and my God.

Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment