Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Grieving Prayer

Dear heavenly Father God,

     You know what's on my heart and mind.  You know how sad I am inside.  I'm not even sure if it's "OK" that I am as sad as I am over my Uncle Mark.  I know we were never really close.  But I would've liked to be closer.  And I'm afraid for my dad.  I worry about him a lot.  He and Uncle Mark haven't been very close since they both left high school, according to my dad.  But I know they were the closest and best of friends growing up as little kids.  I know they've shared many memories, both good and bad.  And because of the emotional distance that has come between them, I know this loss hasn't really sunk in and hit my dad yet.  I pray that You will help us all get through this.  I know that there has to be a grieving process.  And I pray that You help us through that process.  Help us not only to grieve but to heal.  Give us peace through this.  Give us constant reminders that You are in control.  Help us to find the answers to the questions that lie heavy on our hearts.  And teach us the lessons You have for us.  Help us to learn the most from this.  Help us to reconcile the relationships with our own relatives that have grown strained.  Let us not waste time on things that don't matter. But invest ourselves in the things that do.  Help us to build up each other.  Remind us, especially me, to focus and build upon, our similarities and other things we have in common.  Do not allow me to dwell on our differences and things that divide.
     Lord, we love You.  And we trust You with our present even as we trust You with our future and eternity.  Be near to us.  Let us feel Your presence.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment