Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A Prayer for Focus

Father God,

     This morning I want to thank You for all You have done and are doing in my life.  I want to thank You for being so merciful and gracious toward me.  I am sorry for all my sins and short-comings.  And I thank You for Your faithfulness to me.  Although I know that I, in my own righteousness, am unworthy of Your goodness and grace, You have never left my side.  You have never stopped loving me and teaching me which way to go.  Thank You, Lord.  I have been blessed so much more than I deserve.  And that is all because of Your grace.  You have kept me with Your love and guided me with Your word.  It has just occurred to me that You said that You "make all things work to the good of those that love You"; as I was just thinking of Your discipline.  I have often thought of discipline as sort of a "loving punishment" so that we will learn what not to do.  While this is true sometimes, I think it also refers to Your correction.  And when I think of Your correction, I think of how You make our mistakes - our "wrongs" - into Your planned steps to making us who we are.  You truly do make all things, even our mistakes, work toward the good of  those who love You!  You are awesome, God!  I love You!
     While I'm here,  I ask that You will help me to keep my focus on the things that really matter to You.  While I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with social media, I believe I've been getting distracted from what really matters by it.  Jesus, I know that You already know what I am referring to, so I won't bother rehashing it.  But I do ask that You will help me keep my eyes on You.  I ask that You will renew the vision and calling of all Your children too.  Help them also, to place their faith in You.  Help us all to pay more attention to Your Word than to the media.  Help us all work to reconcile the strained and broken relationships with each other and start acting more like You, Jesus.  Help us be more like You.  Teach us, Lord.  We need You now more than ever.
     We love You, God.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment