Saturday, December 31, 2011

A prayer to usher in the new year

Dear Jesus,

     Tonight I ask that You would watch over all my friends and family.  Keep us safe from harm as we celebrate the close of one year and the beginning of a new.  I pray that You lead us in the path of righteousness for Your Name's sake.  Help us resist the temptation to do evil.  Help us flee swiftly from sin.  Guide us in our reflection over this year past.  Show us Your mighty hand throughout everything that has been and everything that will come to pass.
     In this new year, I pray that You lead us into a deeper desire to seek Your face and close the gap in the relationship we have with You, our God and our Savior.  I ask for Your healing touch upon all of our dear friends and family members who are battling illnesses, both in the hospital, at home, and abroad.  I ask that You would bring comfort to those of us who have a friend or a family member struggling through such an illness.  I pray that You, oh Lord, will soften the hearts of those we care about who do not yet know You as Savior.  And I pray that You remind us who do know You as our Savior to remain humble.  Please help us remove the pride from our lives that separates us from completely enjoying Your presence.  And I pray that we would each experience Your great love, grace, mercy, and joy in a new way and on a deeper level.
     Help us to reconcile relationships that are struggling, or even have long since past.  And develop new lasting relationships that will bring You honor.
     Thank You, God for the blessed hope that You have given to us who believe upon Your Name.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment