Wednesday, July 2, 2014

A Prayer of Daily Devotion

Lord Jesus,

     Thank You for the good day I had yesterday.  Thank You for keeping my family, friends, and myself safe and healthy.  And thank You for speaking to me throughout the day.  I enjoyed the company and the conversation.  And thank You for the new mercies that I will need today.  I ask that today, You continue Your work in and on my heart.  Cleanse my heart until it pumps Your life through this mortal body that You have entrusted to me.  Help me see others as You see them.  Help me be more sensitive to the needs of those around me.  Give me healing words to speak and the timing to speak them.  And refrain my tongue from speaking when I need only to listen.  When neither talking or listening is necessary, let me just be there.  Help me daily as I devote my life to You.  Help me remember my commitment to You.  Help me keep my priorities in order.  I want my life to point straight to You, Lord.  I know that You teach me through everything I encounter.  And You guide me with Your Word.  You even correct me with the authorities You have placed over me.  I am comforted by Your holy presence.  Enlarge my borders Lord.  Help me reach more with Your love for Your glory!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment